Dvorets (in Belarussian - Dvarets), today
a center of selsovet in Diatlovo (in Belarussian - Dziatlava) region
is situated on the river Mouchadz` . Dvarets in about 160 km form Grodno
(in Belarussian - Grodna). In 1993 Dvarets had about 850 inhabitants.
From the beginning of XV century Dvarets was a possession of duke Fedar Daugoldavich, later - of the Grand Lithuanian duke Svidrygaila and ( from 1451) - the of Lithuanian chancellor Mikhail Kezhgayla. Since 1516 Dvarets was a maistechka (Yiddish-shtetl) in the squad of Slonim povet in Novogrudok (Navagrudak) voevodstvo. In 1554-55 - a possession of Ivan Garnastay, since 1555 - the end of XVI century - of Zof`ya Kezhgaylauna, later - of famous belarussian Zavisha family.
Jews lived in Dvarets since the second part of XVI century. In 1721 Dvarets kagal (jewish community) had a debt of 220 polish zlotiya (the name of polish money). More then 383 jews were in this shtetl in 1766.
In 1795 Russian troops occupied Dvarets. It became a center of volost in Slonim uezd of Grodna gubernuia. In 1804 this shtetl had more then 59 houses, seventy years later - more then 77 houses, about 547 inhabitants, 9 stores, 3 pubs (in Belarussian - shynok) and 2 fairs. Jews played a main role in Dvarets trade and, espescially, in shtetl`s fairs. Also, of course, they took an active part in Dvarets handicraft.
The jeewish community of Dvarets ghad 317 members in 1847. The results of the famous Russian census of 1897 for Dvorets were: 1.366 inhabitants - 868 jews.
During the World War I, German troops occupied a shtetl in 1915. After the February and Bolshevik revolution in 1919 Polish army occupied Dvarets. According to the Riga treaty of March, 1921, Dvarets was a part of Slonim povet in independence Polish state. On the 17th of September, 1939 Red Army invaded Poland. Dvarets became a part of the Belarussian Soviet Socialist Republic and of the USSR.
On the 22nd of June, 1941, Nazi Germany invaded Soviet Union. After the occupation they destroyed Dvarets jewish community. It was the end of this shtetl almost 400 years jewish history.